Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Blog Vacation #1: Shawnee, PA

The idea for this blog formed while I was driving back from Hershey Park, PA to our villa in Shawnee, PA yesterday. The kids had such a fantastic time at Hershey, but I will get to that in a later blog post. I just wanted to introduce you readers to the locaction of our first vacation that I am blogging about: Shawnee on Deleware, PA.

We chose to go on vacation in Shawnee for a couple of reasons. First, I have not traveled with both of my twins at the same time on a flight. I took my daughter back in March and she was fantastic, but I have concerns about flying with two three year olds at once. Maybe when they are five. I don't know. We'll see. Shawnee is about three hours from my house on Long Island, which is a tolerable drive with the twins.

Secondly, my mom owns a timeshare in Shawnee. It cost us $98 for the entire week in a two bedroom, 2.5 bathroom, two story house on a resort property with tons of stuff to do. Therefore, we would save a ton of money on the place where we are staying, and be able to spend more money on fun stuff in the area.

Third, Shawnee is known as a year-round place to vacation. My good friend, Penny, took her husband and their eleven-year-old daughter here a couple of months ago, and they had a blast. Penny doesn't ski, and neither do I, so I thought that this would be a great place for us. Penny and her family also stayed at the Shawnee Inn, which is right next to Wyndham Shawnee - Depuy, where we have the timeshare. I figured we coudn't go wrong
I gave my husband the task of finding things for us to do within driving distance of the resort. He discovered TONS to do: Hershey Park, a steam train ride, the Crayold Factory, Lehigh Valley Zoo, Camden Aquarium... The list goes on and on. I knew that I chose the right place for our Spring Break, especially since most other families on vacation were looking to go somewhere "warm and tropical," as was the request from many of my clients. I was looking for a peaceful yet fun vacation with my family, and I believe I found it in Shawnee.

No comments:

Post a Comment