Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day One: Maryland

The first leg of our trip was from our home on Long Island to Columbia, MD. We had enough airline points to stay at the Sheraton Columbia Town Center for free, and it was FANTASTIC! I totally have to write a review for it on Epinions-- Something I haven't done in a long time. The room was huge and wonderful, and in a spectacular location. For dinner, we went to P.F. Chang's at Columbia Town Center Mall. Right before my dinner arrived, Charlie had a meltdown. Mom wrapped up the food to go and paid the check as I packed the twins up in the car.

We headed back to the hotel, changed the kids into their jammies, and off to dreamland they went. The best were so comfy and there were tons of pillows. We all slept very well. My only complaint was that I had to pay $12.95 for Wi-Fi. Oh, well. You can't win them all.

This morning, we woke up and my friend Kira and her daughter came to the hotel, since they live ten miles away. We all went to breakfast at IHOP in Laurel, said our goodbyes, and we headed for our next stop in Myrtle Beach, SC.

I really, really, really wanted to stop in Washington, DC, where I went to college. I absolutely love it there. Perhaps my three year old twins are too young to enjoy it, but I wanted to try. Unfortunately, we didn't have the opportunity. We wanted to get to Myrtle Beach at a decent hour, so we just drove by.

I wish our stay in Maryland was a little longer. We had a great time while we were there. Perhaps we should have left earlier. Oh, well. Now we know for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment